Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Day In Vancouver!

So after 31 hours of traveling the last couple of days we finally got to Vancouver and spent the whole day yesterday traveling around the city! It was very cold but absolutely amazing!

We went to this cute little German Christmas Market where Mum and I ate potato Hurricanes (spiralled fried potatoes on sticks) and Dad had a brat worst sausage in a hot dog. It was really beautiful and I'm amazed at how big Christmas is over here! There are fairly lights on ever tree on every street, and even on some buildings and it's so weird because around about 4:00-4:30 pm it gets dark! 








We also went into heaps of awesome shops and I drooled over Converse and Doc Martins (Hopefully I might buy some when we get to America). 

Mum organised for us to go all over the city to look at places where scenes form some of Aidan's favourite TV shows were filmed, Stargate, Finge, Sliders and Battle Star Galactica etc. 
My favourite thing in the city was that you could turn the corner or walk 10m and THERE WAS ANOTHER STARBUCKS! I love Starbucks! 





(Me in Starbucks) 

We had a couple more flights today (your yesterday), and we're currently in Vernon where my Pa and his wife live. 

It's absolutely beautiful here, flying in it looked like a patchwork quilt! There's quite a bit of snow and it was actually snowing when we hopped off the plane! 
We'll go skiing in a couple of days but we have to get some ski gear first which should be fun.

If you're wanting to see more pictures I'm going to be posting them to Facebook regularly.

I already miss everyone so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment